Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brief History of Curry Crisps

Following that last post, I felt it necessary to have a quick look at when/where the humble 'Curry' Crisp came from. Back in the mid 80's I remember quite a stir being caused by Curry flavoured crisps. I seem to recall Mild Curry Wotsits first making an appearance at our school tuck shop. (I Can't be certain but I think Walkers did Mild Curry French Fries too)

Walkers released the first Chip Shop Curry flavour with their MAX range in 2001.
Fast forward to 2008 and Walkers released a Special Edition Lamb Curry.
McCoys hit back with their own 'Extreme' Chicken Madras followed 2 years later by McCoys Lamb Vindaloo, Chicken Jalfrezi and Spice Balti Curry.
Golden Wonder finally joined in with their 'Quite Hot Curry' flavour

Once again, I think I may have to collect all of the available Curry crisps on the market today, sit down with a nice cold lager...... and do the lot !

If any of you have anything further to add to this thread (especially about its completeness or accuracy), please add your comments.
Your roving reporter
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment