Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hildas Hierarchy

Dear Scott & Luke,

I love your website, it's such fun! Here are my top 8 crisps:



1. McCoy's Ridge Cut Cheddar & Onion. The crisps are heavenly, but I just adore the cheesy, oniony shrapnel you get at the end of the bag. Scrumsville.
2. Royster's T-Bone Steak. I can polish off a bag of these in under two minutes. You may be more impressed to discover I wear dentures.
3. Chipsticks - Salt 'n' Vinegar. If only they came in a bigger bag. Ready Salted are nice, but SnV has my mouth watering/stinging instantly. Wonderful.
4. Monster Munch - Roast Beef. I have a notoriously small mouth, so these are hard work, but they're so worth it. Should come with complimentary floss though.
5. Walker's Squares - Cheese and Onion. Crunchy, flavoursome but sadly often overlooked. I enjoy nibbling off the sharp corners before plunging into my mouth.
6. Kettle Chips - Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar. I'll buy these if I have company. They're always an impressive crisp to whip out alongside other nibbles.
7. Frazzles. Often imitated, but there really are no substitutes for the real thing. I will sometimes dip in cream cheese for a sneaky indulgent snack.
8. Smith's Cheese Flavoured Moments. Very rare. Often found in pubs and independent newsagents. Not a crisp in the traditional sense, but oh-so delicious. I'm on five bags a day.

Best wishes,

Hilda Lolly,  via Twitter 

Thank you Hilda for your lovely entry into Desert Island Crisps
Please spend a few minutes to take a visit to Hilda's own website 
Hilda Lolly 'A Lady in the Know'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Hilda for your submission to the blog. We really need more submissions like this, you certainly are also a Lady in the Know when it comes to crisps.

    ReplyDelete